FDA’s Website a Worthwhile Source of Information
A trip through the FDA’s website is worth the time spent both for those heavily invested in the development of COVID-related diagnostic and treatment endeavors, and those with a causal interest. In this time of the politicization of response to the pandemic and reliance on traditional or social media for their spin (informed, or otherwise), it is worthwhile to either peruse or dissect FDA’s statements and guidance. Surely there is some PR in these materials, but they are the primary source for the content – like actually reading the case cited, rather than someone else’s summary of it.
The FDA COVID-19 Response contains a summary of recent FDA activities and will link the reader to many areas of interest in both text and video:
- Consumer information such as protection for pets and information about the types of testing available
- Resources for health professionals. The information here is also of general interest as it addresses treatments, PPE, masks, etc.
- Health fraud warning letters for improper promotion for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19
- Collection of COVID-related FDA guidance documents
- Best practices for food establishments
These are just five examples of the varied content available for the life science industry, the food industry, health care professionals, and the ordinary consumer alike.